Like we all know goatmeats contains less fat in comparison to other meats and its has more flavour, it’s more savory but the muscle tends to be tougher especially the female ones. Apart from using it to make a ceremonial roast, goatmeats are mostly used to make soups and stews.
But I on the other hand love goatmeats but i prefer it grilled even before I can use to them to make soups.
The toughness of goatmeats can be reduced to the bearest minimum and the muscle made more tender after it has been properly seasoned and marinated.
Nutritionally speaking goatmeats contains less fat in comparison to other meats and its has considerable amount of Vitamin B12 and Iron , magnesium ,Sodium. It has well than average of Protein .
It has low level saturated fat and low cholesterol ,in combination with the high protein content it is a good source of red meat because it’s leaner and healthier choice of meat compared to equal serving sizes of chicken,beef and pork.
Though meats from mature goats is tougher but meats from younger goats tends to be more tender,mild and juicy.
However if you desire a better taste flavour and texture in goatmeats you should marinated in solutions or seasoning containing citric acid or vinegar because this makes muscle of animals relaxed and tender.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
Cooking Time:45 minutes
Cooking Temperature: Medium high
- Goatmeats 1 kg (without skin)
- Olive oil 2 tbs
- Aadun seasoning 2 tbs
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Ginger 1 inch(grated)
- Garlic 2 cloves (minced)
- Fresh herbs Handful(chopped)
Recipe Preparation and Cooking Instructions
- Wash the meats transfer to a strainer to let drain the water.
- Transfer to a bowl and add blended ginger,garlic and onions seasoning,salt,olive oil, ginger, garlic and the fresh herbs.
- Turn the mix together and marinate in the fridge for some hours before putting the goatmeats in the oven dish and preheat oven at high temperature for some minutes before placing in the oven.Grill the meats for 45 minutes at medium high temperature.
Transfer to a cooling rack and serve hot.